Case study: Digital Wellness partnership with Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit academic medical centre focused on integrated health care, education and research. For the last six years, Mayo Clinic has been ranked the best hospital in the US by the U.S. News & World Report.
Together with Digital Wellness, Mayo Clinic relaunched the Mayo Clinic Diet in 2021, with a major overhaul of the online weight loss platform while staying true to the ideals of the original diet.
How it works
The Mayo Clinic Diet aims to change your habits for good - not just for the duration of the diet plan. That means no fads, no quick fixes and only advice that can be backed by the Mayo Clinic medical professionals.
The weight plan is split into two phases: Lose It! and Live It! The Lose It! phase is a two week jump start where you will focus on changing your health habits and lose 6 to 10 pounds. In the second phase, Live It!, you focus on maintaining your new habits and learning to live a healthy lifestyle.
The Mayo Clinic Diet includes:
- Weight loss program that has been developed by medical professionals
- Personalized Mayo Clinic-approved meal plans and recipes
- All-new Habit Optimizer to swap unhealthy habits for healthy ones
- Meal plan options that include the Original Mayo Clinic Diet meal plan, Healthy Keto, Higher Protein, Vegetarian, Mediterranean and Gut Health.
- Access to educational content and expertise from the Mayo Clinic experts